Sunday 14 May to Saturday 20th May 2023
In honour of one of our founder members Reg Gibbs we will be holding our “Regg Gibbs, RYA Discover Boating” week from Sunday 14th May to Saturday 20th May 2023. Gresford Sailing Club’s weekly activities will be open to all who want to come and try out our activities : –
Please note that we are only open at the below times.
|10:30 – 1400||1400 – 16:00||18:00 – 21:00|
|Sunday||Social Sailing||Social Sailing|
|Wednesday||Model Boats||Model Boats||Dinghy Racing|
|Saturday||Dinghy racing||Model boat Open Day|
Bring your family. Bring your friends for this chance to Discover the fun of Sailing, Stand Up Paddle Boarding and generally messing about in boats. On Sunday visitors are welcome to bring their Stand Up Paddleboards. (SUPs)
Friday Evening Juniors:
- We introduce children of all ages to sailing, following RYA Junior training programmes.
- Puddleducks (age 7 upwards) learn to sail in our fleet of Optimist dinghies.
- Pirates (age 10 upwards) develop their sailing and racing skills and starting to sail in North Wales Club Youth Racing Circuit and RYA On-Board events .
Dinghy Racing (Saturday Morning and Wednesday Evening):-
- Adults and older children enjoying mildly competitive racing
Model Boats (Saturday Afternoon and Wednesday Afternoon)
- For some it is the joy of building exquisite models of larger vessels
- For others it is competitive sailing from the comfort of a chair.
- For all it is a very sociable activity.
- Definitely not competitive.
- The simple joy of handling a boat under sail, single handed or with family. Try going Round the Island and watch for the terrapins
Introducing Stand Up Paddle Boarding
- Bring your own board or borrow one,
- Try out this fast growing activity on the safe waters of The Flash
- Changing facilities are available (Possibly also a Shower)
- SUP’s are welcome on any of our social sailing days
Join us and sign up for Adult (and Junior) Training with Gresford Sailing Club See our RYA Training pages