Friday 21 May to Wednesday 26 May 2021
(Subject to Covid Restrictions in place at the time)
In honour of one of our founder members Reg Gibbs we will be holding our “Regg Gibbs, RYA Discover Boating” week from Friday 21 May to Wednesday 26 May 2021. Gresford Sailing Club’s weekly activities will be open to all who want to come and try out our activities : –
|||09:00 – 12:30||12:30 – 16:00||18:00 – 21:00|
|Friday 21 May||||||Juniors|
|Saturday 22 May||Dinghy Racing||Model Boats|||
|Sunday 23 May||Stand up Paddle boards||Stand up Paddle boards|
|Monday 24 May|||||
|Tuesday 25 May||||Social Sailing||Social Sailing|
|Wednesday 26 May||Model Boats||Model Boats||Dinghy Racing|
Bring your family. Bring your friends for this chance to Discover the fun of Sailing, Stand Up Paddle Boarding and generally messing about in boats. On Sunday and Monday evening we will be holding special sessions for visitors to bring their Stand Up Paddleboards. (SUPs)
Friday Evening Juniors:
- We introduce children of all ages to sailing, following RYA Junior training programmes.
- Puddleducks (age 7 upwards) learn to sail in our fleet of Optimist dinghies.
- Pirates (age 10 upwards) develop their sailing and racing skills and starting to sail in North Wales Club Youth Racing Circuit and RYA On-Board events .
Dinghy Racing (Saturday Morning and Wednesday Evening):-
- Adults and older children enjoying mildly competitive racing
Model Boats (Saturday Afternoon and Wednesday Afternoon)
- For some it is the joy of building exquisite models of larger vessels
- For others it is competitive sailing from the comfort of a chair.
- For all it is a very sociable activity.
- Definitely not competitive.
- The simple joy of handling a boat under sail, single handed or with family. Try going Round the Island and watch for the terrapins
Introducing Stand Up Paddle Boarding
- Bring your own board or borrow one,
- Try out this fast growing activity on the safe waters of The Flash
- Changing facilities are available (Possibly also a Shower If Covid Restrictions allow)
“Introduction to Stand-up Paddle Boarding” with Paula from Mindful SUP.
Paula will be running one hour taster and introductory training sessions including use of one of Paula’s SUPs. During your taster session you will learn the essentials of SUP, getting to know the board and equipment. How to manoeuvre the board with various paddle strokes. Staying safe on the water. If you are feeling brave and fancy a dip we will show you how to self-rescue, this will also be explained whilst out on the water. You will get a taste of the amazing benefits SUP can have on the whole families wellbeing and most of all you will have some fun. The Flash is a great safe shallow lake that makes it the perfect spot for beginners to build SUP skills and confidence. All Children must be accompanied on the water by a responsible adult.
Spaces are limited so booking in advance is essential. Please contact:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-members join as temporary members of the club (£5 per person per day).plus £15 per person for the One Hour Introduction to Stand Up Paddle Boarding sessions
Join us and sign up for Adult (and Junior) Training with Gresford Sailing Club See our RYA Training pages