It looks as though we are going to have to be patient waiting for lockdown in Wales to ease just a bit further before we can start boating again. Hopefully the First Minister’s next announcement on 25 March will bring a bit more clarity.
In the meantime our maintenance teams have not been idle, getting the club ready for reopening.
- Gordon has been busy clearing the ivy off the toilet block and painting the windows, toilets and changing rooms ready for the new season. Goodbye “Spider Factory”.
- In the Clubhouse Peter has been redecorating and sorting out the storage. Bill has been busy finding contractors to lay new flooring. The old cooker is no longer safe so is going for recycling, Peter has sourced a replacement cooker and fridge.
- Outside, Captain Bill has been working with Nick to identify all the trailers in the trailer Park and boats in the boat park.
- The steel frame for the boat house has now been galvanised. Nick & Tim are preparing to install it and clad it in the next few weeks.
Looking further ahead we are planning some special events as Covid restrictions allow:
- May: Reg Gibbs RYA Discover Sailing Week. (Chris)
- June/July: Arthur Jones Classic Regatta (Nick & Simon)
- July/ August: Rod Evans MYA Model Boat Open (Keith)
We have also updated the Club’s Development Plan and are now scoping out a group of projects which will hopefully attract Sport Wales “Be Active Wales” grant support as we “Progress” to “Tackle inequality” and “Achieve long term sustainability”. If you want to know more just ask.