Given the recent easing of Covid restrictions announced by Welsh Government our plan for reopening Gresford Sailing Club is:
- Current operation: 2 Model Boaters at a time in 2 hours slots. Slots must be booked in advance. The accessible toilet is available if you need it but the club house and changing rooms remain closed (other than for maintenance).
- From Saturday 24/3 Up to 6 people from different households can be on site. Please book in advance with the Secretary. Dinghies am, Model Boats pm.
- From Monday 26/4 Restrictions ease to allow gatherings and organised events for up to 30 people. We are unlikely to exceed the 30 people on-site limit, so we will be back to full outside operation. The club house and changing rooms will remain closed.
- Wednesday 28/4 Social Sailing, Shakedown and tuning up for the racing season.
- From Monday 3 May, indoor venues can reopen. So we will reopen the Clubhouse and Changing rooms (Max 15 people).
- Wednesday 5 May Evening Pursuit Series starts.
- Friday 7 May Friday Juniors restart.
- Friday 21- Wednesday 26 May: Discover Sailing Week, Advance booking for visitors/ guests / temporary membership
- Sunday 23 May Start Stand Up Paddle Boarding Trial, Advance booking required.
The usual covid restrictions still apply so:- Don’t come to the club if you are showing symptoms or suspect you may have covid. Hand washing, face coverings and social distancing recommendations remain in force. Everybody visiting the club must sign in for track and trace.
Dinghy sailing is restricted to single handed dinghies, household or social bubble, or a helm & crew who have been fully vaccinated
Because Covid advice and regulations are changed frequently with little warning, these dates may have to change at short notice. Please check this website for updates.
To book places in advance please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before you intend to come to the club.